Scandals have rattled the District, but that hasn't stopped me from being a leading voice for Education Reform. I’ll help restore integrity to the Council and get us focused on real priorities.
On April 23rd, voters can send a message about which direction they want our government to go. I promise to lead, not follow. I promise to fight the special interests and old guard cronies who impede progress, abuse the system and steal our tax dollars. Above all, I promise to build a better D.C. with the best schools in America and a thriving local economy.
Don't give up on District government. Change it.
Patrick Mara, at a glance:
- • Ward 1 Member, DC State Board of Education
- • DC Leadership Development Council Board Member
- • Columbia Heights Day Initiative Board Member
- • DC Vote Board member (2011-2013)
- • One World Education Board Member
- • Tutor and mentor
- • Entrepreneurship-focused MBA from Babson College
- • B.S. in Environmental Science and Political Science from Marist College
- • Homeowner in Columbia Heights
Today is Election Day.
Polls are open from 7am until 8pm.
Please remember to vote. In an editorial today the Washington Post reiterated its support for Patrick and reminded us... Read More
Our campaign has received word that several voters who requested an absentee ballot did not receive their ballot in the mail.
If you applied for an absentee ballot, but have... Read More